Our client is the non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation in the seven-county greater Los Angeles area. With more than 215 hospitals, 11 transplant centers and a diverse population of nearly 20 million, our client is the largest organ, eye and tissue recovery organization in the world. They commit themselves to continuously improve the quality of their practices, performance, and service to communities. If you share their passion, you can apply to them as a Telecom Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate selected for this role is expected to do the following duties and responsibilities for the organization:
- Installs and maintains the telecommunication systems.
- Plans and maintains the highly technical and logical configuration of phone system technologies.
- Responsible for phone system moves, adds and changes.
- Manages Telecommunication System performance and troubleshoots problems.
- Serves as the primary point of contact on the Help Desk Team for Telecom issues.
- Communicate and escalate Telecommunications Systems service issues to management or quick and efficient resolution.
- Responsible for all phone system backups and software upgrades.
- Maintains Telecommunication System security.
- Develops, implements and enforces security procedures.
- Maintains 99.99% uptime, utilizing monitoring system.
- Ensures High Availability and Disaster Recovery configuration is documented and tested on a regular basis.
- Create, monitor and escalate trouble tickets with service providers.
- Audits and processes monthly telecommunications invoices.
- Generates reports on telecommunications activities.
- Engages vendors for complex technical issues.
- Analyzes and maintains call flow analytics and adjusts configuration to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with outside vendors/project leads to provide knowledge of network and voice technologies to ensure successful implementations of new or changed systems
- Recommends telecom solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Recommends changes to improve telecommunications systems configurations.
- Determines hardware and software requirements, related to those changes.
- Maintains accurate, up to date system documentation and circuit inventories.
- Maintains accurate, up to date equipment inventories and records of equipment assignments.
- Documents processes to identify and resolve issues.
- Develops, documents and implements, Telecommunication system standards and procedures.
- Trains users on Telecommunication System operations and provides technical resource support, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’ s Degree required for the role
- Has working experience and knowledge with IP telephony design and implementation, including provisioning of circuit cards, trunking, and VoIP phones
- Has working experience and knowledge with multiple Tier I telecom vendors on a variety of products and services (MPLS, Voice, IP, Hosting, Wireless/Mobility, more)
- Can stay informed of new developments and technologies.
- Has great verbal/written communication skills.