The Kubernetes engineer will provide Kubernetes engineering experience to our client’ s DevOps team. This role will require extensive experience with Kubernetes to help support the company’ s DevOps team with all Kubernetes clusters and deployments. This role will be a part of the DevOps team.
- Support SME’ s in Kubernetes and Docker
- Assist in coordination of micro service deployments on Kubernetes.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD process related to Kubernetes deployments.
- Assist in the performance of Kubernetes cluster builds, upgrades, and configuration.
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in multiple clouds and bare metal environments
- Troubleshoot issues related to our Kubernetes clusters.
- Participate in research, POC for 3rd party integrations with Kubernetes, and testing new Kubernetes features and technologies.
- Work with Ansible and Terraform to build, scale, and upgrade Kubernetes clusters.
- Keep current on the latest trends, features, and technologies related to Kubernetes.
- Configure and maintain Kubernetes monitoring and logging.
- On call duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- General experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in the cloud
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Course level Kubernetes experience
- Ability to learn new tools, technologies, programs and concepts quickly
- Working knowledge of Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding of CI/CD and how that integrates with DevOps and Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of analyzing web traffic and identifying problems and unusual trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Experience working with high traffic websites, updating, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, best practices and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of design and implementation of distributed systems (SOA, Micro Services, Docker)
- Understanding of and ability to communicate system architecture and design principles
- Knowledge of source control systems
- Accustomed with agile methodologies
- Understanding of debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Familiar with E-Commerce
- Generally, requires a minimum of (1) year of production Kubernetes experience in the cloud, and three (3) to five (5) years of experience with DevOps/Software Engineering
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field preferred and/or years of experience