Overview: Business Design Services group is responsible for engineering and designing telecommunications and network system to meet business requirement, goals and objectives encompassing a wide range of transport topologies, advanced networking services and network protocols that are in accordance with Telecom Strategy & Architecture standards and guidelines. The Principal Network Engineer represents Telecom from a technology perspective and collaborates with Business units’ IT, Business units’ management, other DTSS teams and application architecture teams across all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle.
Network Engineer is responsible for identifying the appropriate telecommunication, WAN, MAN, LAN, security and Wi-Fi technology solutions that support and meet the customer’ s business requirements. This position must be able to provide network designs, manage network implementations, and proactively provide status to the Business Units. Also acts as a technical resource to evaluate evolving Telecommunication technology and perform as a consultant interface to the Business Units for new company initiatives.
10 years of professional experience in a computer-related department on the specific architectures to be supported
Certifications: Cisco CCNP, Arista, Palo Alto Network, Sniffer Certified Expert, ITILv3 Foundations
4-year degree in field Mathematics, Computer Science or Business Technology or relevant experience
Master’ s Degree in the field of Mathematics, Computer Science or Business Technology or relevant experience
10 years in an enterprise environment that operates 24x7 services to a multitude of customers and business units. Media and ISP industry experience preferred.
Certifications: Cisco CCIE, Juniper NCIP-Enterprise, Sniffer Certified Expert/Master (SCE/SCM), ITILv3, Kepner-Tregoe problem solving methodology.
• 10+years progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network design, configuration, evaluation, problem resolution and project management experience.
• Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
• Strong customer service skills and orientation.
• Possess knowledge of film entertainment, video distribution and broadcast business requirement.
• Expert knowledge/experience in Wide Area and Local Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, problem resolution, and project management.
• Strong understanding of routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RMTP, etc. and telecommunication connectivity including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN and Internet.
• Strong understanding of multicast routing including ASM, SSM and IGMP.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments (equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet, single-mode and multi-mode fiber optics, Cisco Nexus, ASR, Arista, F5, etc.)
• Proven technical expertise in the interfacing of network devices and service in a multi-platform computer and network environment (Wireless, VoIP, Video conferencing, VMware, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage complex projects: developing project plans/schedules; delivering a product or service in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Expert knowledge/experience in the utilization of data communications test tools and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, SevOne, Arista Cloud Vision Portal, Netbrain, ExtraHop)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of Security environments (Palo Alto Network firewalls, Cisco ASA, HP/TrendMicro TippingPoint, NAT, ACL, VRF, etc.)