Jobs related to "Product Engineer III/IIII"
There is something unique and exciting about working in consumer goods, especially when you are directly responsible for the functionality, quality, and performance of the product. It is even more exciting when the product you are responsible for is the leader in their industry. Our client is the leader in the custom window covering market and they need you to help develop and maintain their industry leading product.
Their product engineering team is looking to add an additional senior level mechanical engineer to the team. This role will be responsible for both sustaining engineering and innovation. Commonly, the thought is that window coverings are simple and straightforward. Surprisingly, our product is incredibly complex. This role will challenge your creative thinking, design skills, and problem solving. You will have an opportunity to work with small, intricate, plastic parts and mechanisms. You will have the ability to make a measurable impact to an award-winning product line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares CAD drawings of new designs or modifications to an existing product.
- Conducts mechanical reviews of existing competitor products and researches product patents.
- Explores potential development of alternate internal mechanisms.
- Arranges and assists with hand or machined prototyping of components.
- Determines justification and release of soft prototype tooling, first article prototype component evaluations and modifications.
- Reviews evaluations to determine justification and release of production tooling and first article production tooling. Releases components for production runs and fabrication.
- Sources suppliers to build prototypes and provide additional component or system services.
- Assists in the formulation of project timelines for various phases of part development with other departments within the company.
- Assists Technical Writing in the drafting of assembly manuals for component and system developments or improvements.
- Documents all engineering drawings and technical information concerning components and systems in compliance of ISO procedures.
Requirements/Skills for the Role
- Solid knowledge of small part design including mechanisms and gears.
- Solid knowledge and use of die casting, metal stamping, roll forming, aluminum and plastic extrusions.
- Solid knowledge of the use of injection molding with plastics.
- Solid knowledge and use of machine shop equipment such as a lathe and end mill.
- Solid knowledge in mechanical engineering along with mechanical dynamics and statics.
- Solid knowledge of universal and standardized manufacturing test procedures.
- Solid knowledge of project management to arrange and set time lines.
- Solid knowledge of spatial reasoning in designing stand-alone components or those working in conjunction with other components.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to analyze cause and effect relationships involved with engineering design.
- Ability to work with principles of trigonometry and geometry to calculate the design and performance capability of components.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Requires a BSME and 7+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience with Siemens NX Unigraphics preferred.
- Experience with plastic part design and mechanisms REQUIRED!