AWS/Java Software Engineer, Sr.
Prosum, Los Angeles CA
The ideal candidate for the role of Sr. Software Engineer will enjoy working in healthcare because they identify with the values and goals of an organization genuinely working towards improving patient care. The candidate will have a documented history of exercising their computer science skills across multiple platforms including the well-known Microsoft and Java stacks. Additionally, the candidate will have experience using the AWS cloud for infrastructure. The candidate will have experience creating and optimizing software of the following types: Web 2.0, API, Analytics, and Mobile. The candidate will have experience working in cross-functional teams in an Agile SDLC.
- Divide work between leading architecture creation, design reviews, code reviews, and software development. At least 60% time doing hands on development.
- Lead, mentor, and review the work of junior and mid-level software developers.
- Work with technical operations teams to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency.
- Work with offshore developers to guide defect fixes and enhancements.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Review existing platform for optimization opportunities.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement product feature.
- Provide analytical advice in identifying and implementing new IT technologies to help clients and the company reach strategic objectives.
- Measure quality and throughput of consulting resources and ensure resources are producing at expected quality and efficiency. Recommend consultant resource changes or training opportunities when necessary.
- Assist in the interview, vetting and hiring of software engineering consulting resources.
- Java technology stack: Java, Spring Security, Groovy, Grails, Tomcat, JPA/Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Microsoft .NET technology stack: C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, NHibernate
- Database Programming: Marklogic XQuery, SQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Database migration technology: DB.Deploy.Net, Fluentbase, Flyway
- Development Operations: Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Build Languages: Gradle, Maven, Ant, MSBuild
- Scripting Languages: PowerShell, Bash, Batch
- AWS Cloud Programming: Lambda Functions, Redshift, EMR, S3, Batch Containers
- Automated Testing: Unit test development, Integration test development
- Expert usage of design patterns and dependency injection
- Healthcare specific technologies: FHIR, OMOP, CQL, Terminology services
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science required; Master’ s degree in Computer Science preferred
- 8+ years of experience with Java
- 8+ years of experience with .NET
- 5+ years of experience with AWS and Cloud Architecture
- 5+ years of experience with Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 5+ years of experience with Healthcare Specific Technologies
- Understanding of Healthcare Terminologies: SNOMED, ICD, CPT, HCPCS, Rev Codes
- Understanding of where machine learning is applicable for solving problems
- Experience working in a HIPAA regulated environment
- Experience with containers and micro services
- Experience with analytics
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies, including database schema design
- Experience with writing analytics software
- Experience with caching design patterns and technologies
- Experience with terminology servers
- Experience building technology for Healthcare