The Data Product Manager will have the opportunity to contribute across multiple initiatives from optimization (marketing, media, mobile, consumer experience) to website monetization to launching new business units. Responsibilities will include data process flow, enhancements to the existing data warehouse and reporting platform, and tracking specs to capture data needed for analysis.
- Own the data & reporting backlog as it pertains to new functionality and enhancements supported by the data engineering and software engineering teams.
- Author and own product requirements: clear, concise functional specifications for consumption by engineering.
- Research customer and business needs, technical or performance tradeoffs, and understand how to build the right balance/scalability into the product.
- Prioritize stakeholder requests to ensure the data engineering team is working on solutions that align with the company' s priorities and roadmap.
- Work with department heads and stakeholders to build trust and help set the strategic direction for what the Analytics and Data engineering team delivers to support business goals.
- Engage directly with data engineering to build actionable, scalable, parameterized data products that can be adjusted quickly based on market and client needs, tool advancement, new information, or industry shifts.
- Provide documentation and training for end users to promote adoption.
- Drive complex decisions involving multiple stakeholders with potentially diverging opinions.
- Communicate the vision and improve the adoption of Analytics teams’ data products.
- Measure the right KPIs that will help stakeholders and the tech team identify what they have as levers to drive positive change.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years of experience as a data or BI product manager on data platform development, BI products and programs and/or data applications (preferably in digital advertising/media)
- Bachelor’ s degree (preferably in Engineering or Information Management) or related discipline
- Solid track record of technical acumen, being able to quickly understand technical details of a product or platform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solutions-oriented, eagerness to get hands-on and into the details to fully understand and then optimize the product.
- Strong SQL, Excel, and quantitative skills as well as experience with big data and/or complex data sets
- Skilled in Agile project management tools such as Jira, Confluence or MS Project
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities with the ability to motivate others to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills