Job Purpose: We’ re looking for a bright, creative, and self-motivated individual to take on an active role in the product management activities for our Procure-to-Pay product line. This is a key position within the Products organization, helping to drive the continued development of our most profitable product line. Many of the world’ s most innovative and successful companies use the platform and Procure to Payment product to create collaboration, visibility, and transaction automation between them and their trading partners, and as a result increase agility, reduces costs, and minimizes risk.
The Procure-to-Pay Product Manager is a solution expert, whose main responsibility is to understand market and customer requirements and translate them into product specifications that the engineering team develops.
The Product Manager is a strategic role, who will work very closely with the engineering, quality assurance, professional services, marketing, and sales teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the product direction, managing execution of the product development cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and ensuring the product’ s success in the market.
- Help define and prioritize the product roadmap and release schedule
- Engage with customers to understand and prioritize requirements in accordance with company and product strategy
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by working with customers, prospects, and industry analysts.
- Translate customer and market requirements into functional specifications; work with engineering and QA to ensure successful development
- Develop product positioning, key benefits, and demonstrations for the marketing and sales teams and support the professional services and customer support teams in ensuring successful implementation of the product.
- Gather product-related field and customer feedback and ensure user adoption and satisfaction
- Gather and maintain intelligence about key competitors
- 6-8 years product management or related experience
- Industry knowledge in the financial supply chain: including supply chain finance, trade finance, invoicing, payments, dynamic discounting, factoring, and related topics
- Experience Global Sourcing and procurement a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and able to collaborate well with others
- Knowledgeable in technology, experience with Enterprise software and/ or SaaS a plus
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to translate and articulate a complicated business problems into easily understood solutions
- Ability to work effectively across various groups, including engineering, professional services, customer support, marketing and sales