Project Manager within Banking or Financial Markets
Recruit Professional Services, Jersey City NJ
Overview of Role
The individual in this position must have excellent project planning skills including the ability to create work plans; create resource plans; manage the day-to-day project issues and resolution; ensure proper scope management; establish and maintain communication to key internal stakeholders and be able to work effectively across organizational boundaries.
The successful candidate will take full project management responsibilities within the BrokerTec Technical Operations team for Operational projects for the Trading and Support systems. This requires hands on management for projects varying in size and scope including all components within the non-functional areas.
Looking for candidates with a technical background or understanding in Linux, in a small environment (ie. not big banks). Need someone who can work on smaller projects and larger projects but is not afraid to be hands on. Candidates who are looking to be part of a PMO are not a good fit as the company does not have a PMO in this group. This person will need to be hands on and should be comfortable challenging other team members for answers and timelines.
Great position for someone who is looking to do something different every day and get involved in all different aspects of a project.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Create and execute project work plans.
- Identify resource needs and assign individual responsibility.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of project including scope management.
- Report status to key stakeholders – project team, internal management, clients, auditors, regulators and steering committees
- Work effectively with all areas within the organization.
- Work with each discipline within IT Operations to define and document requirements.
- Entrepreneurial, willing and ability to multi-task.
- Polished and professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills, succinct and articulate; able to influence stakeholder decision making and deal with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Pragmatic – common sense approach, able to make decisions independently.
- Flexibility in responding to pressing project needs and an ability to reprioritize to meet new and existing needs.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and to work well in a fast paced environment is critical.
- In depth knowledge of fixed income trading and broader financial markets a plus.
- Able to demonstrate structured, process oriented approach to project management and delivery combined with a deadline oriented mentality.
- Broad experience of IT and Technical project delivery – spanning all elements within technology – hardware, datacenter, purchasing, networks, application support, database. Experience with deployments within Low Latency platforms a plus.
- Develop and maintain project plans using MS Project or similar tools, and track and report key project metrics.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision on assigned projects to generate accurate and efficient solutions of customers.
- Ability to work well in team environment .
Qualifications & Experience
- 8 - 10 years work experience in Banking, Financial markets or Fixed Income preferred,
- 8 - 10 years work experience in I.T. project management.
- Demonstrated success in project implementation
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant related field
- PMI/PMP certification a plus