Infrastructure PMO/PMP Project Manager
Recruit Professional Services, Montvale NJ
As an IT Project Manager, you must have strong leadership and motivational skills to direct the project team effectively and to drive development both creatively and efficiently.
You must also be engaged in the development process and able to easily understand proposed technologies and solutions, investigating and researching when necessary.
It is also vital for your role as an IT Project Manager that you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and that you can convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to team members as well as individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Monitoring execution of all deliverables across multiple projects.
• Managing internal and external resources and making sure the project team has the necessary skill sets to complete the project.
• Establishing the project' s overall critical path and ensuring that all project phases adhere to the agreed-upon timeline.
• Assisting project team in troubleshooting and finding solutions to unforeseen issues.
• Communicating with stakeholders, team members and others on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery.
• Managing customer expectations and proactively closing expectation gaps.
• Taking ownership of, managing and obtaining approvals for all change requests, particularly regarding scope and budget.
• Planning major project phases and establishing project success factors with input from key stakeholders.
• Prioritizing risks and their impacts for mitigation / monitoring.
• Leverage standard tools to manage the project i.e. charter, project plan, risk log, status report, etc.
• Work with key stakeholders to define and measure project success.
• 6+ years project management experience leading medium to large projects through all phases of project life cycle.
• Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies.
• Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience.
• PMP certification a plus.
Must be willing to work on infrastructure related projects.