The Network Deployment Engineer is has 3 major areas of concentration: Data Network Deployment Project Coordination, HQ Datacenter/Network Services Support, and Corporate Wireless LAN Support.
Data Network Deployment Project Coordination
This position interfaces directly with the Data Network Operations and Engineering, Property Systems Deployment, and Technical Support groups to provide Property Management System to Central Reservation Systems network connectivity to each of the franchisee locations. This position is responsible for deployment project tracking, site installation scheduling, status reporting as well as network monitoring. This person is also required to interact with external vendors providing network connectivity services.
Corporate Wireless LAN Support
This position also supports, manages, and monitors Wireless Network services installed at corporate facilities.
HQ Datacenter/Network Services Support
This position is responsible for providing support and assistance to the Network Engineering and Operations, and Datacenter Services teams as a local resource in the HQ Corporate campus. This position interacts with the above mentioned teams and the local Facilities group.
Data Network Deployment Coordination and Reporting
- Database maintenance, project tracking, site deployment scheduling and status reporting.
- Coordinate with Contracts Admin Group to verify that all data required for processing site installations are complete and verified once received.
- Interface with external vendors providing services to coordinate installation of said services at designated remote site locations.
- Update and maintain status of each remote site network in the tracking database.
- Preparing daily status reports for distribution to project stakeholders and support teams.
- Maintain monthly functions to assign and report billing dates and costs for installation and service calls.
- Review New Property Openings pipeline reports weekly to determine installation schedules for new sites coming into the system.
- Coordinate with and support Property Systems deployment group hardware refresh effort to verify that schedules and timelines are met and in synch.
- Assist Franchise Services group with individual site inquiries.
- Respond to questions from franchisees via telephone or email.
- Preparing ad hoc spreadsheets, reports and summary documents as required for the specific request.
- Support and coordinate with external vendors responsible for installation and service calls.
- Prepare invoices for payment, generate reports.
- On a daily basis monitor and manage Corporate Wireless LAN Controllers across selected Corporate locations.
- Provide support for server rack and stack, network cabling, and Facilities requests that are Datacenter or Network Service related.
- Assist Network Engineering on ad-hoc requests and projects.
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience, including 2-3 years dealing with LAN/WAN system implementation, deployment and operations.
- At least 3 years experience and knowledge of: broadband networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPX, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, LAN, WAN, VPN, Wireless Ethernet,
- At least 1-2 years experience and knowledge supporting Cisco Wire LAN Contollers using Cisco Prime Infrastructure application.
- Associate degree in Information Systems or commensurate years of training and experience in related discipline.
- Experience interacting with external vendors relating to service delivery and turnkey systems integration and implementation.
- Exceptional skills in organizing, managing and determining priorities of multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated expertise in use of personal computer software including advanced features in Microsoft Office Suite of products; Word, Excel, and with a strong knowledge of MS Access.
- General knowledge of project management techniques.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of modern office management and information retrieval techniques, methods, and procedures. Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working with Hughes Network Systems Services, such as HughesNet, is a plus