The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment. Be able to support a highly available production data center hosting web-enabled applications across multiple data centers. Manage routers, switches, load balancers and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications.
The Senior Network Engineer also participates in the implementation of policies and procedures and to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. Has the ability to demonstrate breadth of knowledge across multiple areas of information technology. The candidate may be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues. Cisco experience is required.
- Apply senior-level knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities and drive new and innovative approaches to network solutions
- Provide technical leadership and support for various products and applications that require performance engineering, testing and analysis
- Develop network design, documentation, and implementation plans for various projects.
- Identify and evaluate new technology
- Multi-task and work effectively in a team environment in order to solve complex networking problems
- Has a good understanding of network security
- Hands-on and remote configuration of Cisco routers, switches, load balancers, and other network gear.
- Work closely with other technical groups located locally and remotely
- A bachelor' s degree (CS, IS, or Engineering major preferred) or equivalent work experience, at least 7 years in the administration and operation of enterprise wide area and campus networks, including extensive experience with Data Center, LAN, WAN, Network Security, VoIP application (H.323/SIP) solutions and architectures.
- Expert level experience optimizing site performance with strong knowledge in Networks, Browsers, Content Delivery, etc.
- Expert level experience configuring routing protocols and other network technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, SSL VPN, IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3, NAT/PAT, PPP, MPLS, QoS, STP, HSRP, VTP, VPC, VDC, OTV, Ether channel, WAN Acceleration, IPv4, IPv6
- Expert level experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center technology
- Expert level experience with WAN deployments including: EIGRP/BGP route redistribution over MPLS networks, route maps and filtering, traffic prioritization and QOS policies
- Experience in using various monitoring tools like network simulators, load generators, profilers, monitors, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Public DNS
- Working knowledge of F5 LTM and GTM technologies
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n, WPA2, WLC, WAP
- Expert knowledge of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Task Oriented individual with willingness to tackle issues
- Team Player
- Take ownership of projects and completes them on time
- Ability to handle multi-tasking and frequently changing priorities
- Familiarity with ITIL processes are a plus
- Cisco and F5 Certifications a plus but not required
- Knowledge of SDN technologies a plus