Director of Program Management
Recruit Professional Services, Montvale New Jersey
As part of the CIO leadership team, the Program Management Office Director provides project leadership to cross- functional teams in the successful delivery of all enterprise and IT projects. This position is responsible for the organization-wide integration of consistent project management methodologies and terminology as well as the operation of the organizations Project Management Office and team. This position includes predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with senior management and influencing decision-making on projects. This position will have a high level of interaction with Senior Management to ensure that the corporate goals and project-specific development strategies are clearly integrated into cross-functional operational plans.
Must have Eight (8) or more years Program/Project Management experience including expertise with Program/Project Management methodologies and tools
Four (4) or more years of supervisory/managerial experience and familiar with SAP is a huge PLUS.
- Build Program Office Capability
- Establish all Program & Project Management standards, tools and processes to be employed on strategic projects
- Hire, Lead and Manage all resources within the Program Management Office
- Ensure that project activities, milestones and deliverables are well planned by the Program & Project Managers
- Establish a Release Management capability for newly implemented SAP
- Ensure that project managers identify and escalate roadblocks or issues that threaten the successful completion of a project and ensure they are successfully resolved
- Develop close working relationships with internal leadership
- Ensure all projects adhere to the company’ s base lined Quality Governance process guidelines.
- Support empowering tools for project management.
- Establish and implement metrics that measure project performance.
- Conduct periodic project audits.
- Owner of IT Portfolio governance including prioritization, risk management, and cost/budget management
- Liaise with the business relationship managers and business analysts supporting the functional areas
- Establish a training and continuous learning environment to continue building internal skills and capabilities
- Facilitate a work environment that fosters and supports ethical decision-making and actions by motivating, promoting and modeling ethical behavior, as well as executing job responsibilities in accordance with the Foundations
- Bachelor' s degree
- Eight (8) or more years Program/Project Management experience including expertise with Program/Project Management methodologies and tools
- Four (4) or more years of supervisory/managerial experience
- PMP Certification desired
- Prior experience leading or implementing a Project Management Office desired
- Ability to lead (provide direction & structure), network and influence at all levels
- Sound business acumen; ability to formulate hypotheses and use data to validate or invalidate
- Solid knowledge of financial metrics (i.e., ROI, Earned-value, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels; navigate an organization and leverage relationships to achieve results
- Strong knowledge of business process improvement methodologies and techniques
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Strong learning agility and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Excellent change management skills
- Strong knowledge of business analysis
- Experience in development and reporting of Project metrics
- Experience in process improvement methodologies