Recruit Professional Services, Montvale NJ
The Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence (BW/BI) Architect will be accountable for the overall Solution Architecture of these platforms.
The BW/BI Architect will be responsible for ensuring that the architecture of the solutions will be appropriate to the business requirements and will ensure that they are compliant with industry best practices.
The BW/BI Architect must be able to identify opportunities to maximize the use of operational and analytical information delivery tools and processes in response to business dynamics and market opportunities with an emphasis on SAP related solutions.
The role also requires excellent client management and team management skills, including virtual team management, cross-vendor management and matrix team management. The role also requires a strong set of leadership skills with a proactive and participative management style.
The BW/BI Architect must also be able to manage and continuously improve support and enhancement processes and deliverables related to information delivery.
- Identify long term data and information needs and provide a recommendation for the delivery of information to the enterprise – whether they are operational, analytical or strategic solutions.
- Participate in requirements, design, development and testing where needed
- Define future end-state solutions in response to business dynamics, needs and opportunities
- Participate and contribute to development and management work plans.
- Improve and streamline processes regarding the display, delivery and use of information
- Create and manage a regular process to monitor and report on relevant statistics.
- Accountable for the BW/BI Solution Architecture, stability and sustainability.
- Develop and maintain the overall technical architecture and standards for SAP Business Information Warehouse and Business Objects BI platform
- Develop and maintain a logical data model
- Responsible in providing SAP architectural guidance and provide technical assistance for the design, build, and test of content deployed through the SAP BI/BOBJ 4.1 SP7, SAP BW 7.4
- Work from the functional/business requirements to architect BW objects like info objects, business content, info sources, data targets, transfer rules, update rules, etc.
- Implement solution design best practices, leveraging all available tools
- Assess and manage BW/BI performance optimization efforts.
- Contribute toward the company’ s drive to move towards more analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities.
- Prepare industry standard, appropriate documentation and ensure that new functionality is properly transitioned to reporting users.
- Partner with the different IT groups in resolving incidents if an escalation is required from the level 1 support team
- Create and manage a regular process to monitor and report on relevant statistics
- Identify opportunities to improve on services related to Information Delivery
- Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 10 years of demonstrable experience in Information Delivery and Datawarehousing with a focus on Architecting SAP Solutions (SAP BW on HANA and BO reporting) based on industry standard best practice
- Significant and recent experience in the use and management of SAP Netweaver tools including HANA Live, Fiori, Business Warehouse, Business Objects 4.1 and other related tools (for example Infoburst, APOS, etc.)
- Significant and recent experience in the use of a data discovery/visualization tool (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, Lumira)
- Experience in the creation and defense of business cases for information delivery implementations, working in partnership with the business sponsors
- Excellent and demonstrable client communication and partnership skills
- Proven track record of developing and managing multiple information delivery projects and deliverables in parallel
- Executive-level written and verbal presentation skills, with superior meeting facilitation capabilities
- Ability to interact with and regularly engage executive sponsors and other project stakeholders to identify concerns, overcome resistance, gain buy-in, and act as a change agent
- Ability to anticipate risks and issues, escalate to senior management and facilitate decision-making to balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to participate in and lead virtual teams and partner with matrix teams
- Strong process orientation with significant attention to detail
- Recent experience in the use of mobile BI and embedded BI(e.g. inside a CRM solution)
- Significant and recent experience in utilizing master data management concepts
- At least 5 years of experience in Team Management
- At least 3 years of experience in Budget Creation, Management and Control
- Business Process knowledge in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and/or Finance a plus
- Experience as a BW Architect and/or a BO Administrator