Senior Network Engineer
Recruit Professional Services, New York NY
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will play a lead role in designing, managing and shaping our state of the art, low latency network, while staying abreast of new technologies in the market place and making continued proposals to the business where improvements are possible.
- Design, configuration and support of global network infrastructure, focusing on low latency and high availability;
- Constant liaison with the business to ensure that networks are always optimized for key locations;
- Configuration and installation of all equipment (new or refreshed) within the US region;
- Co-location (re-)design and rollouts;
- Network monitoring and analysis to ensure bottlenecks are instantly identified and overcome;
- Securing edge infrastructure, and configuration of VPNs to 3rd parties;
- Develop and implement contingency plans while being constantly on the lookout for ways to optimize performance;
- Provide 2nd technical support for the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) including the management of switches, routers, firewalls and network-related servers.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience as a network engineer(preferably in a financial institution);
- Professional networking certification starting from CCNP and/ or CCIE;
- Extensive knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols;
- Extensive knowledge of IP Multicast;
- Good knowledge of Firewall technologies;
- Strong knowledge of network management practices and procedures;
- Good understanding of Network Monitoring solutions; (Corvil knowledge is a plus);
- Working knowledge of Linux would be a major advantage;
- Ability to rapidly grasp business specific IT needs (low latency, high performance and redundancy);
- Ability to travel to various locations on a couple of occasions a year;
- Clear English communication skills are a must;
- Experience in Low latency switching (Layer1 / Layer 2).