Systems Engineer with Strong VMWare and Financial
Recruit Professional Services, New York NY
· Designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise server environment.
· Proficient experience working in a Microsoft Server environment. (MS Exchange 2010. MS Server 2008/2012, MSSQL server 2008/2012, etc.)
· Able to maintain an infrastructure with a mixture of Physical and Virtual Servers. (VMWare)
· Implement and maintain an enterprise LAN/WAN.
· Strong in VMWare VDI environment.
· Strong in storage-Dell, Compellent & EMC.
· Ability to discover and troubleshoot potential network slowness and issues.
· Strong in Telco & VOIP support.
· Maintain a separate DEV/UAT environment.
· Server virtualization implementation and support.
· Systems Administrator and VPN support.
· Must have experience working with circuits and connecting to satellite offices.
· BES & Mobileiron support (Including mobile devices)
· Documentation of processes and procedures.
· Liaise with IT Vendors.
· Deliver IT projects to time, budget and quality criteria.
· Research and implement new products and solutions.
· Must be familiar with SQL DB Servers
· Current environment: 200 virtual servers, 50 physical
· Must have experience designing system architecture
· College degree required
· Very conservative environment: Professional, " clean-cut", commutable distance to NYC
· Ability to handle the high pressure and immediate demands of a financial firm.
· Capable of resolving issues and tasks in a timely manner.
· Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills.
· Possess the ability to work independently and/or with a group.
· Detail oriented and possesses the ability to think clearly under pressure.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to quickly changing priorities.
· Must be an effective communicator and have a customer focused approach.
· Willingness to take on new responsibilities.