Currently looking for an energetic SAP Program Manager to join our Project Management Office to lead the second phase of a new SAP manufacturing implementation and subsequent SAP projects and implementations. Reporting to the Director, IT Governance & PMO, the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing across the business stakeholders, internal SAP team, and the systems integration vendor. A strong SAP and manufacturing background is required.
- Monitoring execution of all deliverables across multiple workstreams
- Managing internal and external resources and making sure the project team is capable and sized correctly to complete the project(s) at hand
- Establishing critical path including milestones for each project and ensuring that all project phases adhere to the agreed-upon timeline
- Assisting project team in troubleshooting and finding solutions to unforeseen issues
- Partnering with Project Leadership to develop and monitor project budget
- Communicating with stakeholders, team members and others on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery
- Managing customer expectations and proactively closing expectation gaps
- Taking ownership of, managing and obtaining approvals for all change requests, particularly regarding scope and budget
- Planning major project phases and establishing project success factors with input from key stakeholders
- Prioritizing risks and their impacts for mitigation / monitoring
- Leverage standard tools to manage the project – i.e. charter, project plan, risk log, status report, etc.
- Communicate and distribute project status reports on a weekly basis
- 7-10 years SAP project management experience in managing new implementations and enhancement projects
- Working knowledge of SAP and ASAP methodology
- Ability to lead large cross-functional teams on medium to large size projects through all phases of the project life cycle
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency using MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP certification a plus