Sr. Business Analyst, ERP Systems
Recruit Professional Services, Parsippany NJ
The Sr. Business Analyst, ERP Systems will provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff throughout all phases of the project development cycle. Projects are technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools).
- IT lead for enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and all related applications, including plans scheduling and product serialization.
- Analyze business requirements and define information system solutions to address complex business needs.
- Develop requirements documents and cost justification statements.
- Evaluate various system alternatives and identify the most efficient means of satisfying user needs. Provide technical support for ERP and related systems.
- Identify and define the data required to perform the system functions.
- Develop system design specifications.
- Develop procedural flows showing interrelationships between manual and computerized functions.
- Develop procedural flow showing operation of the designed system.
- Determine the most efficient means of providing specified data to satisfy the user functions.
- Define inputs and outputs, and document the steps required to process the data.
- Develop and assist in the operation of manual controls and other user procedures that are related to the system design.
- Develop and assist in the operation of backup methods and procedures to cover conceivable contingencies.
- Prepare and assist in the operation of an implementation plan that considers technical and operational requirements and restrictions.
- Assure that proper testing procedures are followed during all stages of system development or deployment, ranging from subsystem testing up to full system and acceptance testing.
- Prepare and assist in the operation of a conversion plan that covers user and data processing requirements including methods and procedures, timing and detail schedules.
- Assist with the formal validation of systems as required.
- Evaluate requests for major system changes and enhancements and prepare cost analysis for each project.
- Answer questions about present system functions and general processing features.
- Assist and instruct employees in their use of business software systems.
- Troubleshoot operational and usage issues as they arrive.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Business or closely related field from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant work experience, including hands-on experience configuration experience with ERP and related software.
- Experience in a GXP and Sarbanes Oxley regulated environment required.
- Experience supporting ERP, Supply Chain, and Finance application systems in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices and Computer System Validation requirements.
- Experience with computer system testing / Quality Assurance practices.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Effective time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong customer orientation.
- Cross-functional agility and the ability to thrive in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative and creative solutions to business problems.
- Communicates a " can do" attitude and positive outlook, demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent written and oral English Communication skills.
- Ability to present to diverse groups of varying sizes.
- Proven ability to communicate well with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to support the creation of project plans.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.