Currently seeking a Senior Product Manager of Color Technology to join our IT team at our Corporate Headquarters in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. In this role you will become a market, customer, and user expert and leverage this expertise to drive the strategic roadmap direction and execution of the Technology platform. The solutions developed on this platform will support thousands of retailers in the independent retailer channel and their customers. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, strategic and tactical minded with a passion for improving user experience and evolving products that support our independent retailers and internal stakeholders.
- As product owner, define and execute on the product vision and strategy. Define both short term and long term roadmap priorities based on market, industry and internal needs.
- Assess and evaluate existing products’ capabilities and determine their future.
- Evaluate existing Color Technology software capabilities and manage product backlog and create detailed user stories that will support the development of new product features.
- Manage entire product lifecycle from idea inception to go to market activities.
- Drive user research, focus group and surveys to continuously improve user experience. Create user interface prototypes; utilize user interface design framework to perform customer usability testing, validate ideas and supplement requirements and design specifications as needed.
- Work with customers, prospects and partners to understand their business problems and create solutions to meet market needs.
- Define, manage and monitor product and business KPI’ s.
- Research trends, competitors, and products in the direct and adjacent markets and use this information along with user research data to innovate the product.
- Partner with internal departments to collect product feedback and build awareness for roadmap priorities. Drive site visits, surveys, and internal workshops to gain a deep understanding of the retailer segment and needs.
- Be the product/market expert and evangelist. Lead thought leadership activities as needed.
- Work with the technology team and key internal stakeholders to define, create and deploy modular and configurable next generation retailer facing applications.
- Create and drive improvements in product messaging and or positioning.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years’ experience in a product management role
- 3+ years’ project management or technical leadership experience
- 3+ years’ technical experience as software developer, engineer or designer preferred
- Highly proficient in user experience research, discovery and testing methods. Demonstrated experience in documenting end-to-end business processes and performing gap analysis
- Significant experience in Agile, SCRUM or relevant SDLC methodologies
- Experience managing enterprise mission critical front end and back end software products
- Experience creating user interface prototypes and testing in support of product maintenance and new feature development
- Experience writing customer use cases, product requirements, and functional specifications
- Experience launching new products to market and executing readiness plans.
- Strong experience in working with onshore and offshore software development teams to transform product requirements into customer facing solutions
- Experience with retailer facing software products preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills while managing multiple projects