Manager, Healthcare Incubation
Recruit Professional Services, Ramsey NJ
Recently set up a new global programmer which is being run out of the EU and is aimed at developing and introducing an innovative hybrid Software-Hardware healthcare platform from concept to manufacture, often incorporating considerable business challenges.
Therefore, the Incubation Manager Healthcare needs to work in a complex environment spanning across regional organisations, but also across divisions and partners. It is a challenging position requiring the candidate to take the intellectual lead in order to successfully incubate the project.
Central tasks of position:
The Incubation Manager Healthcare will be responsible for leading the incubation activities related to the development of a hybrid Software-Hardware healthcare platform. This includes the following:
- Concept development and validation through customer testing and market research to evolve the concept into a viable business solution
- Build and lead the incubation team. Taking over the intellectual lead for e.g. side-innovation and transformation projects required to enable the success of the programme
- Assessing and articulating the risk involved in the incubation project and developing ways of mitigating it. Define business requirements and lead the evaluation and development of the elements needed to deliver them to the customers.
- Create the environment required for the incubation and enable commercialization of the business. Quickly evaluate new proposals and ideas to be realised within the project and create incubation plans to implement them. Support the creation of business plans and keep track of the incubation process.
- Support partnership activities with other departments, divisions and external solution providers to realise the new product in time and budget.
- Work closely with international sales organisations of all divisions and lead client facing teams during all stages of the incubation process.
- Generate customer insights through thorough customer testing and proof of concept testing.
- Create documentation to be able to pass phase reviews with the leadership team
Dimension of results
Definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for launch, selection and incubation of meaningful elements to complete the platform offering. Supporting the business architecture and creation of the iterated organisation. Supporting and guiding the international development, sales and marketing teams to enable successful and on time launch according to program plan.
Customer group of this position:
Incubation Management, Programme Management, Steering Committee and related business functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree – preferably in Healthcare Business Administration or Healthcare-related business experience.
- Master’ s Degree in Healthcare Business Administration is desirable.
Professional Skills, experience, needs:
- Minimum 3 years working in the healthcare technology sector on leading edge subjects in digital health and innovation, Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in project environments.
- A team-player with highly developed leadership capabilities, comfortable in leading multinational, cross-functional teams both directly and indirectly
- Excellent skills in healthcare innovation and marketing
- Good project management skills and the ability to identify healthcare trends and turn them into concrete projects
- Familiarity with international business cultures
- Proven track record of delivering complex, fast paced, high value and high profile projects