Junior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
Recruit Professional Services, New York NY
- Identify business and functional scenarios to ensure quality code.
- Collaborate with Developers and Business Owners to ensure complete test coverage.
- Write tests according to business specifications, where the functionality to be tested has not yet been developed
- Produce, run and analyze manual and automated Excel-based regression tests
- Manage daily process of identifying and reconciling test breaks, including working with business analysts to rectify true breaks
- Participate in daily stand-ups.
- Present Business Owners with updated status on new and existing application issues.
- 0 - 1 years QA experience.
- Knowledge with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience scripting and executing automated test suites.
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving application issues
- Familiarity with object-oriented languages.
- Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person
- Comfortable working independently in a constantly changing fast-paced environment.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and methodically.
- Working knowledge with Unit, Integration and Regression testing.
- Experience in Agile Testing, Web testing and testing financial applications is a plus.
- A background in financial services and understanding of the life cycle of a trade from a Middle Office and Back Office perspective.
- Familiarity with functionality around basic financial asset classes, both exchange-traded and over-the-counter