Software Engineer - Servlets/Servlet containers/JDBC/Java8/ build RESTful web services
Recruit Professional Services, Sterling Virginia
You will be working on a web-based B2B application that’ s critical to every line of business and will play a crucial role in transforming the product into a cloud-native application. This role will work as part of a cross-functional team in charge of modernizing the system by applying best-practices to increase fault tolerance and resiliency while reducing complexity over time. You will be empowered to work together with your peers to iteratively deliver enhancements to the overall platform and will be pivotal to the long-term success of the product.
As a Software Engineer 3, here’ s what you’ ll do:
- Develop effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Follow established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards.
- Conduct code reviews with peers and management.
- Show a strong attention to development detail, producing high-quality code.
- Create processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintain proficiency and develop expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department' s scope.
- Maintain proficiency and develop expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’ s scope.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-- process impacts.
- Ensure the appropriate adherence to inter-departmental processes and procedures.
- Provide proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
Key qualifications you’ ll have…
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a Related field plus 3 years of experience as a Java Software Engineer and 1 year - experience working in an Agile environment.
- Requires experience in Java technologies, including Servlets and Servlet containers, JDBC, Java8 and modern tools to build RESTful web services
- Requires ability to develop well-structured code, delivered on time.
- Requires understanding of object-oriented design and various software design patterns and frameworks and knowledge of latest technologies and related - commercial/open-source products or frameworks.
- Experience with Oracle databases including PL/SQL
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
Bonus points awarded for…
- Experience with Apache Struts2, Spring, MyBatis, Apache CXF
- Knowledge of OAuth2, especially OpenID Connect
- Docker / rkt experience
- Experience with automation/config management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, TravisCI, etc
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, Blogging, etc…)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including load balancers, firewalls, etc