Recruit Professional Services, Parsippany New Jersey
The Performance Engineer is responsible for hands-on testing, analysis, optimization and development of software applications and systems. This resource works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- End-to-End experience in performance testing activities from gathering requirements to analyzing results and delivering findings and recommendations
- Capabilities in performance testing tools including Jmeter, HP Load Runner, with specialization in performance analysis of J2EE/ .Net applications and Apache/Tomcat or IIS web servers
- Provide diagnostic support, fine-tuning at the database, application and server level.
- Authoring Performance test reports.
- Working with multiple projects across multiple technology stacks.
- Performing statistical analysis (e.g., extrapolation and correlation).
- Author clear, concise and comprehensive test cases and test plan.
- Design, build and executes tests to provide high value, high accuracy results.
- Develop test framework, automated test scripts and utility tools.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives and reviews.
- Utilizes appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
- Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Effectively executes processes associated with the software development life cycle
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages.
- Contribute to scenario writing
- Implement Test Automation using standard and open source tools
- Knowledge of optimization and fine tuning techniques
- Competent in multiple tech stack
- Write SQL queries
- Ability to read, understand and analyze logs from multiple systems
- Initiate automated deployment to test environments
- Diagnose issues while dealing with initial uncertainty and incomplete information
- Identify root causes and provide technical impact assessment
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree required; major in computer science, information systems is a plus
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience required
- 5+ years of experience with relevant programming technologies, such as Java, SQL
- 4+ years of experience with automated functional testing
- 4+ years of performance testing and engineering
- Experience developing application and utilities
- Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred