VP, Data Analytics
Recruit Professional Services, Parsippany New Jersey
VP, Data Analytics
Looking for an analytical mind with a passion for helping shippers of cargo, governments, economists, and financial services firms derive insights from the world’ s largest repository of ocean container shipping data. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in data and analytics including technical sales experience working with customers to understand how they can use market data combined with their data to improve their business operations. Your skill set should include great communications and presentation skills, deep understanding of how to extract value from multiple data sources, analyze it for business insights, applying machine learning and artificial intelligence tools. Demonstrated leadership with an ability to deliver complex data products and to build a portfolio is critical. If you have a passion for innovation and the drive to be a leader in logistics industry data analytics.
- Business leadership - Lead data business by identifying new opportunities for growth and new products and offerings that delight customers and help move the ocean shipping industry to broader digitization and leverage of broad set of market data
- Excellent communicator – Be able to communicate with customer executives to help define and fully understand business requirements, and with developers to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Product and Offering creation – work with customers to understand their operational needs and where data may be able to help them improve business velocity, cut costs, and increase profits. Define prototypes and products that incorporate data and analytics that exceed customer requirements and create value for customers.
- Innovation – work with data experts to understand insights and value that can be extracted from our data with customer data leveraging industry leading analytic, machine learning, and artificial intelligence tools and algorithms
- Core Values – looking for someone who lives and represents core values of accountability, transparency, innovation, inclusiveness and collaboration
- Proven track record of building successful businesses including data or data analytics product management and sales support demonstrating strong leadership and working independently
- Experience in data business in at least one or more of these industries: Logistics, financial services, investment funds, government security or customs, insurance, or economics
- Strong business skills with ability to identify opportunities and build supporting business cases
- Strong analytical skills to interpret market data and draw value and insights from information
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills with the ability to drive customer projects from opportunity identification through to closure of contracts and project implementation
- Skills in and experience with databases, SQL, ETL tools, data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, analytic tools such as Tableau, machine learning, artificial intelligence tools, etc.
- Outstanding writing skills and verbal communication as well as excellent time management skills
- Accountability - We are accountable to act responsibly and in our customers’ employees’ and shareholders’ best interests.
- Innovation – We innovate to create positive change in the industry on a foundation of excellence and quality.
- Transparency – We act with integrity and embrace open communication to create trust.
- Inclusiveness – We will be inclusive and collaborative in decision making. We value sharing opinions and ideas from diverse perspectives and experiences.