Senior Data Analyst - SAP MDG, Data Services and Information Steward
Recruit Professional Services, Montvale NJ
Currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst for an opportunity in Montvale, NJ. The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive technical background in the area of Master Data Management using SAP MDG, Information Steward, Data Services/Data Quality and have lead and worked on at least 2 end-to-end implementation using these technologies.
Responsibilities of the Senior Data Analyst in
- Analyze and examine complex data structures from multiple data sources and turn these into meaningful and actionable information and insights to inform business decisions.
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify any issues or ways to improve systems and database designs and to ensure that data rules are consistently maintained and upheld across the organization.
- Gather and analyze requirements for data needs from different business functions.
- Facilitate conversations with senior managers, executives, and other teams to arrive at critical decisions and approaches as they relate to data.
- Identify critical information delivery gaps through a combination of interviews, workshops, and analysis of existing reporting environment.
- Analyze key master data elements from different sources and report data quality (DQ) results for each source. Design and define rules to enrich and create master record.
- Design, develop, and analyze results from data queries to identify data quality issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct data profiling and track metrics.
- Examine existing business rules and apply those in the Data Governance and Data Quality Management function.
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources to provide insight during solution development.
- Identify efforts needed and augment organizational staff to cleanup urgent data issues to make critical data trustable.
- Define validation logic to prevent similar problems in future.
- Work closely with the customer to determine the scope of data stream to be actively monitored – may be limited to certain fields, or certain submitters, etc.
- Able to coordinate with both business and technology, ability to understand the details and suggest best practice solutions.
- Partner with data stewards to ensure that the data used for analytics are consistently following the data quality rules and align with the governance processes of the organization.
Requirements of the Senior Data Analyst
- Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with data analysis, data quality, data integration, data standardization, consolidation, matching, and other similar activities
- Superlative analytical, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience work with large data sets including structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with SAP MDG, Data Services and Information Steward
- A results driven individual with a passion for data and analytics who can work collaboratively to solve business problems that drive business growth
- Strong business acumen and communication skills with the ability to translate complex analyses and concepts into clear stories that drive action
- Inquisitive with a desire to learn and teach
- Proven ability to influence within cross-functional teams and within all levels of the organization