Construction Execs, Atlanta Georgia
Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Position Type/Hours of Work: Full time
Summary/Objective: Evaluate, code, and process various purchase order requests for both material and labor in order to keep the construction process moving forward. Communicate directly with trade contractors and Project Managers to ensure validity of requests. Offer support functions to the Purchasing Department in order to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Evaluating and processing Variance Purchase Order requests from field staff as well as trade contractors
- Researching reason codes on VPO’ s and determining correction methods
- Inputting and maintaining vendor pricing in WMS
- Assisting with budget verification and certification process in WMS
- Assisting with the monthly and quarterly bid process for specific construction cost codes
- Assisting with budgeting and cost management activities
- Attend in-office meetings, collaborate face-to-face with co-workers, and be present and available for other office-related projects or tasks on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
3. Familiar with various builder management systems including Builder MT, Pipeline, Sales Simplicity and Navision preferred
Supervisor Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This role requires near vision, i.e. the ability to perceive details at close range (within a few feet).
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’ s Degree preferred, preferably in building construction, computer science, or management
2. One to three years’ previous work experience
3. Experience in the homebuilding industry strongly preferred
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
ADA/EEO Statement: Edward Andrews Homes (EA Homes) will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of this job. EA Homes an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties or assist with any other projects as requested by the Executive Vice President. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.