The Accident Reconstructionist analyzes a variety of collision situations and claims relating to topics such as “ who is at fault,” traffic violation assessments, police report and procedure analysis, speed analysis, visibility studies, perception/reaction time, and vehicle dynamics. Essential Functions and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Conduct investigations to gather and analyze equipment failures; • Conduct vehicle, on-site, and evidence inspections to gather evidence for court presentation; • Investigates and reconstructs motor and commercial vehicle collisions; • Assesses occupant motion and vehicle dynamics in response to applied crash forces; • Studies pedestrian and bicyclist interactions with motor and commercial vehicles; • Analyzes occupant crash protection systems relating to crashworthiness • Evaluates restraint system usage and exposure to injury mechanisms in collisions; • Investigates enhanced damages, staged collisions, and phantom vehicle cases; • Prepare and deliver technical/educational presentations to existing and potential client groups and technical conferences; • Enhance professional/technical knowledge and credibility through continuing education programs, review of technical publications and the preparation of technical papers; • Prepare technical reports; • Provide expert testimony as required; • Evaluate cases and claims, design and build test fixtures, and evaluate and test hardware; • Conducts static push/pull tests, dynamic sled tests, and full-scale vehicle crash testing; • Sets up, collects, and analyzes electronic data acquired from testing; • Other related duties/projects as needed; • Other
- DARs, desktop reviews, lower exposure, moving to convention, pinnacle – seatbelt defense work, forensic analysis of the performance of occupant restraint systems(seatbelts, seatbacks).
- Leads seating and restraint system research and development and accident reconstruction projects;
- Analyzes and designs occupant protection systems;
- Assesses occupant motion and vehicle dynamics in response to applied crash forces;
- Performs computerized simulations to illustrate crash and safety components;
- Performs data retrieval and analyses from vehicle on-board event data recorders (black
- Accident Reconstruction, Occupant Kinematics, Aircraft Seating and Restraint Design, Crashworthiness Research, Vehicle Dynamics Analysis, Occupant Protection Research and Testing, Forensic Analysis, Computer-Aided Design, Ground and Air Vehicle Crash Testing, Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) & Analysis.