Kavaliro, Edgewood MD
Senior Cost Analyst
Support Location: Edgewood, MD – On-site
Clearance: Active Secret
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Senior Cost Analyst with an Active Secret clearance.
8 years with Bachelors OR 10 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
5 years with Bachelors OR 7 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
* Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (within 1 year)
Performance Based Tasks Required
- The contractor shall prepare and conduct comprehensive cost analyses and modeling in support of requirements for acquisitions/systems managed by the JPM, providing independent analysis of requirements in order to estimate life cycle costs.
- The contractor shall use and correctly apply appropriate cost estimating methodologies, in accordance with the US Army Cost Analysis Handbook, Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG), DODI 5000.73 (dated 9 June 2015), DODI 5000.02, and Military Handbook 881 WBS for Defense Material Items. (Per JPEO-CBD direction, Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs) shall be developed using ACEIT.
- The contractor shall develop logical cost estimates that are defensible and supportable.
- The contractor shall perform and document a variety of cost and economic analyses (i.e., parametric cost estimates, cost and schedule estimates, life cycle cost analyses, cost estimating relationship development, model development, cost risk analyses, project forecasting, risk assessment, cost-benefit analyses, and software cost estimating) in order to determine costs and risks involved, as well as approaches to minimize both.
- The contractor shall develop and maintain cost estimating/program documents, including:
- Cost Analysis Requirement Documents (CARD)
- Affordability assessments
- Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs)
- Cost sensitivity analyses
- Business Case Analyses (BCAs)
- Program office estimates
- Cost-benefit analyses
- Trade-off studies (as part of system engineering requirements)
- The contractor shall develop matrices to track Will Cost/Should Cost in LCCEs and provide data analyses.
- The contractor shall develop briefings and present them to senior staff.