Sr. Backend Software Engineer
Kavaliro, Charlotte NC
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sr. Backend Software Engineer who will work with a talented group of engineers, designers and product managers and enable them to build new and innovative features for the AI platform.
- Maintain and develop company API layer and/or analytics pipeline.
- Design, implement, and document new platform features and associated unit tests.
- Modify, enhance, and optimize existing codebase.
- Take part in an agile development cycle – including planning, development, testing, deployment, and support operations.
- Identify and learn new approaches and technology as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A strong desire to explore and learn new technologies, programming languages, and frameworks.
- A passion for Git and all that version control provides.
- Experience with message broker systems and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Deep understanding of Python idioms and semantics (2.7 and 3.6) and Python/C API.
- Familiarity with either Java (Java8) syntax and build systems or C (C99) syntax.
- Experience using one or more continuous integration, testing, or deployment frameworks.
- Experience mentoring or guiding junior developers
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field with programming experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Professional experience working with systems designed to deliver and operate on streaming data in near-real-time, or personal projects related to the same.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Independent, self-starter to work in office
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with rapidly evolving technology and expanding customer base