Position: Specialist, Clinical Informatics
Job Location: Great Neck, NY
Interview Expectations: Unspecified
Local Candidate: Unspecified
Required Skills: Minimum of five (5) years directly related clinical experience, healthcare informatics or healthcare operations, including leadership, and/or education, required
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist you will provide enterprise or departmental information systems support to health system clinicians in support of clinical systems (Population Health, DSRIP/Medicaid) as assigned. You will evaluate, plan, organize and integrate information, computer and clinical sciences to optimize acquisition, storage, retrieval, management and communication of related clinical data, information and knowledge. You will also assess workflow related processes and requirements and facilitates system enhancements and modification to meet clinician requirements. Additionally you will recommend and implement approved system improvements.
- Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing, implementing and maintaining clinical applications (i.e. Sunrise Clinical Manger, EMR, medication management systems, etc). Assists in the development of design specifications in support of new or modified clinical applications.
- Documents current processes to establish a baseline for developmental improvements of future workflows and recommends and assists with implementing new and improved processes and workflows.
- Acts as a liaison and represents the system users/customers in all project initiatives. Performs post-implementation monitoring of adoption and use.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential improvements in current use of systems.
- Educates clinical and support staff to optimize information system/ applications and maintain integrity. Supports clinical staff to use technology in a manner which promotes patient safety, confidentiality and efficiency.
- Coordinates data reporting and performs analysis necessary to support patient/clinical records, performance improvement and departmental decision-making.
- Acts as a liaison to clinically related committees (i.e. Nursing Institute, Institute for Clinical Excellence, P and T committee, ect.) and staff to coordinate and communicate CIS projects and outcomes measurement. Facilitates ongoing enterprise CIS design and implementation associated with assigned clinical discipline policies and practices and QM standards.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Healthcare Management, Allied Health, Information Systems or related field, required.
- Master’ s Degree, preferred.
- Current licensure as appropriate (i.e. RN, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, or other related clinical license), required. Advanced clinical licensure (i.e. PA, NP), preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related clinical experience, healthcare informatics or healthcare operations, including leadership, and/or education, required.
- Current clinical practice, healthcare operations expertise and a strong customer service focus with ability to develop effective working relationships, required.
- Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer applications, required.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in assigned clinical discipline and healthcare informatics as well as new developments in hardware and software technology.
- Knowledge of population health management and care coordination workflow in hospital settings or vendor settings strongly preferred
- Experience in CMS regulation (e.g. Bundle payment, DSRIP, Medicaid, strongly preferred.
- Understanding of claims data and ability to articulate dataflow in care management context, strongly preferred.