The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages or analyzes production data to determine plant capacity data manufacturing processes, tools, and manpower requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences, lead times, and cost standards.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Recommends purchase of new capital equipment.
- Recommends and implements changes to reduce operational costs and lead times.
- Ensures compliance with the organization’ s policies and procedures, as well as safety standards.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Develops and recommends short – and long – range objectives, consistent with organization guidelines.
- Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas.
- Drives cost reduction initiatives and technology improvements
- Staffs, structures, and maintains a productive team of highly skilled employees.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems according to ISO procedures.
- Report to senior management regularly with regards to objectives, goals, accomplishments and expectations.
- Ensures that all production areas maintain the highest quality standards.
- Determines the scope of the manufacturing training program through a needs assessment and obtains the resources necessary to support and maintain the training process.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Production/Operations Management or BS in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 – 10 years broad background experience in manufacturing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in management or business administration