CSFA - FA- Certified Surgical First Assistant - First Assist - Nashville
Ascension, Nashville Tennessee
We Are Hiring
CSFA - FA- Certified Surgical First Assistant - First Assist
St Thomas Midtown Hospital - Nashville,TN
Full Time, Day shift, Four 10 hr shifts 6:45a-5:15p with weekend call rotation
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Saint Thomas is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Ascension Saint Thomas has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension Saint Thomas provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
58,000+ ED visits
State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
Robust robotic surgical program
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to provide direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified First Surgical Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Associates who hired/transferred before 04/30/2018 are not required to hold certification. The following Issuing Authorities are acceptable: NBSTSA, ABSA, and NCCS.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)