Full Time Referral Liaison Registered Nurse needed!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Serve as a liaison between the company and area hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other healthcare organizations to assist in coordination of services for patients requiring homecare, IV therapies or other services upon discharge.
- Travels between the primarily assigned hospital and designated skilled nursing facilities/assisted living facilities/other hospitals in the counties we serve, coordinating services for patients requiring homecare, hospice or IV therapies upon discharge.
- Assists in IV set up at hospital.
- Serves as consultant and resource person to staff of the referring facility. Completes nursing assessments. Evaluates patient acuity and appropriateness for home health or hospice services. Informs and educates discharge planners, nurses and physicians of the services available.
- Collaborates with discharge planners, physicians, patients and families. Obtains appropriate discharge information.
- Reviews and evaluates referral patients and their hospital facility/other records prior to discharge. Makes determinations for appropriateness of homecare, hospice care or other community resource programs based on needs.
- Meets referral patients and families in the hospital facility/other prior to discharge whenever possible to explain the services they will receive to facilitate their transition from facility to home to enhance continuity of care.
- Communicates referrals to Central Intake and Scheduling. Enters demographic information, notes, diagnoses, pertinent patient and family information and orders into the clinical database.
- Reviews and interprets Medicare, Medicaid or private coverage regulations ensuring patient and family are aware of coverage.
- Keeps accurate records of referral statistics as required.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of documents.
- Works with supervisors and other company staff as needed to meet position and related organization objectives.
- Provides coverage for other nursing staff as needed.
- Performs in-home visits as needed in times of patient/company need.
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm, including weekend, on-call and Holiday rotations.
State License Must Be Currently Active
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.