K.A. Recruiting, Byron GA
(Reference Code: JAW926)
Histology Technician needed at a Top Georgia Hospital!
A nationally-recognized laboratory just one hour south of Atlanta is looking to add an experienced Histotechnician to their team asap! If you are a Tech looking for a change of scenery or a new challenge at this time in your career, then this is an excellent chance to join an organization that is committed to helping you obtain the career growth you are looking for!
- Great Compensation
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Full Benefits Package
A Histotechnician (HT) prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. The person in this position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
Ideal Candidate: An ASCP Certified Histotech with at least 2 years of experience working in a fairly high volume laboratory setting.
Apply now to be considered or email [email protected] with an updated resume!