Medical Technologist OR Medical Laboratory Technician
K.A. Recruiting, Elkhorn WI
Full-time Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician needed in southern Wisconsin!
(Reference Code: KAM)
JOB SUMMARY: Provides patient care by collecting and processing samples and performing clinical laboratory procedures. Required to work alternate shifts, weekends and holidays. Performs other duties as assigned. May be required to work other Mercy locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects patient specimens as needed.
- Utilize the Information System to receive patients, order and collect samples, result tests, answer questions from nurses and physicians, document quality control activities and produce reports required to perform job tasks.
- Perform lab tests in the lab specialties of hematology, urinalysis, chemistry and blood bank, molecular or microbiology by automated and manual methods according to defined policies and procedures.
- Performs high complexity tests such as bone marrow, sperm morphology, etc.
- Analyze test results prior to release of information to chart for validity and accuracy.
- Assure that designated turnaround times for results are met and that critical results are appropriately reported and documented.
- Perform quality control and proficiency testing procedures as defined by policy.
- Interpret and troubleshoot quality control results to ensure accurate and precise test results.
- Perform preventative maintenance, advanced troubleshooting and calibration of laboratory instrumentation.
- Participate in method and instrument evaluation and implementation.
- Investigates/resolves technical issues.
- Participates on interdepartmental committees or teams.
- Participates in teaching students and training new partners.
- Completes and signs off on competency checklists for techs.
- Develops updates and procedures as requested.
- Serves as a resource to inexperienced partners.
- Performs additional tasks such as scheduling, antibiograms, etc.
- Maintain competency in current procedures and gain competency for new methods implemented.
* Bachelors or Associates degree in Medical Technology and Generalist Certification or Specialty Certification BB, C, H or M required.
Offering competitive compensation and compete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.