K.A. Recruiting, Olustee OK
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top hospital in Oklahoma!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Title: Medical Technologist II
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of a Lab Supervisor, the MT/CLS performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. May be asked to assist the Director of Laboratory in supervision of a certain area within the Lab department.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Proficient and efficient at venipuncture and arterial punctures.
- Assists section supervisor in daily operation of assigned section.
- Able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations appropriately with little or no supervision.
- Has written and oral communicative abilities adequate to comprehend technical materials and communicate with medical professionals.
- Practices clinical lab science in the following specialties; i.e. responsible for examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of such examinations: Chemistry & Special Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Blood bank, Microbiology, Serology.
- Performs appropriate instrument checks, and maintenance as required.
- Properly operates any lab instrument and able to perform any required procedure. Must be able to use independent judgement and knowledge to perform related tasks.
- Must possess sufficient academic, technical, clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise or special projects assigned by a section supervisor, Asst. Director, or Director.
- Able to oversee the work of dependent practitioners (technicians, assistants, Phlebotomist, and trainees).
- Understands and responds appropriately to STAT, Urgent, and Timed tests.
- Maintains all records necessary in all departments.
- Able to perform well in all areas of lab during Meditech downtime scenarios.
- At all times, takes care not to compromise patient care with excessive rejections, recollections, or delays.
- Utilizes judgment in including appropriate disclaimer statements in the report indicating the potential compromised nature of the result and reason.
*MT (ASCP) or equivalent and at least one year of previous experience.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.