Medical Technologist - Referrals Coordinator
K.A. Recruiting, Richmond VA
Full-time MT Referrals Coordinator needed at a TOP hospital in Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Department: Pathology Administration
Job Details: Bachelors degree is required
Pathology Administration is currently seeking a full time MT Referrals Coordinator. The MT Referrals Coordinator manages the reference testing (utilization) program. Interfaces between Pathology Faculty/Residents, the Health System Physicians/Residents and all the Reference laboratories. As the technical expert in reference testing, select appropriate laboratories for reference testing and validate that they meet all required CLIA, CAP and TJC regulatory requirements. Ensures timely delivery of test results from the reference laboratory and establish contracts and negotiates pricing. Performs reimbursement analysis and CPT code reviews. Lead the hospital's Laboratory Utilization Committee, which requires working directly with the physician champions to organize meetings, develop agendas, gather, collate, interpret and present utilization data. Facilitate strategic planning to include utilization management, approval and cost-benefit analysis of reference testing for the laboratory and organization, as well as helping draft policies and procedures. Supervise, coach, and mentor reference laboratory staff on technical issues as well as the use of excellent customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory general applications (chemistry, hematology, molecular, coagulation, microbiology, immunology)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft word)
- Customer service oriented communications
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Resolution of problems in testing
- Maintenance of SOPs and policies
- Assume the responsibilities of shift supervisor and/or manager in his/her absence as required
- Perform the duties of a technical specialist in the laboratory
- Monitor environment for compliance with regulatory agencies
- Provide input/completes staff performance evaluations
- Counsel staff to enhance job performance and career advancement
- Supervise and direct staff assigned to area of responsibility to ensure accurate and timely reporting of laboratory results in according with established policy
- Prepare management reports as required.
- Rotating weekends as required
- Holiday scheduling as required
- On call availability as required for emergency coverage on any shift
* Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program. Master's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (MSCLS) from an accredited program is preferred.
* Current MT(ASCP), or MLS(ASCP), or CLS(NCA), or equivalent categorical certification. ASCP Specialty Certification is preferred.
* Minimum of four (4) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist with at least three (3) years in a leadership role (senior/lead level with increased responsibility) or a minimum of four (4) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist plus three (3) or more years in education/research.
* Previous experience using a personal computer and various software applications to include MS Office, Database, etc.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume fore review.