Medical Technologist - Quality Control
K.A. Recruiting, New York NY
Full-time Quality Control Medical Technologist needed in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Laboratory Technologist – Quality Control
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of a licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist, and following established guidelines and procedures, you will perform cell and plasma aliquots, cell cultures, hematology, bacterial testing and PCR assays.
- Following all SOPs, practices, procedures and techniques in the laboratory, ensuring compliance with cGLP and safety precautions and biohazard waste disposal
- Maintaining integrity and identity of blood specimens
- Shipping, storing and retrieving blood specimens from storage for shipments
- Accessioning in database
- Preparing shipping and receiving lists, packing specimens and labelling packages according to all regulations
- Performing selected tests on blood specimens
- Inoculating culture broths and inserts broths into automated instrument using sterile techniques, and logging culture bottles ids into instrument database
- Performing PCR- or DNA assays and performing sample preparation for CFU assays
- Performing hematology testing in automated system and DNA extraction using semi-automated systems
- Participating in in-house quality control and training programs as well as instrument specific training
To qualify, you must have an Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field, 1 year of biomedical laboratory experience, and a NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License. Knowledge of sterile technique and the ability to help improve business unit operations will be expected, as will knowledge of laboratory procedures and an understanding of quality control procedures. Excellent organizational, oral/written communication, analytical, multi-tasking, and PC skills are all required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.