K.A. Recruiting, White Plains NY
Full-time Histotechnician-IHC needed in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Department: Esoteric IHC 2
Regular Full-Time, Monday-Friday Rotating Saturday
Under the general direction and supervision of Senior Histology Laboratory personnel, the HISTOTECHNICIAN III IHC will effectively apply a “general” working knowledge and skill of designated HISTOTECHNICIAN III IHC related duties and tasks, in support of the Department as a whole, to complete the daily assigned Histology workload.
Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the IHC staining procedures, Histochemical staining procedure and routine Histology procedures sufficient to accomplish the following:
- Perform “routine” preventive maintenance procedures.
- Perform antibody and equipment validations
- Operation automated IHC stainer and cover slipper(s)
- Troubleshoot quality issues
- Create and or monitor essential documents through the daily operation
- Exchange instrument specific reagents at designated intervals.
- Timely completion of instrument specific QC documentation when applicable.
- Daily maintenance of Lab and instrumentation in all aspects.
- Proper handling and disposal of chemical waste.
- Immediate notification to supervisory personnel of malfunctioning instrumentation.
- QC/QA of all antibodies.
- Timely distribution of completed patient materials to assigned pathologists.
- Immediate notification of existing and/or potential problems to the proper authority
- Assist supervisor with day-to-day administration of Histology Laboratory duties including compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to histology
- Adhere to workload requirements, including QA, Microtomy, Staining
- Maintain accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Assist product line leaders with responding to questions and problems.
- Evaluate new equipment and procedures.
- Review slides for overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity, proper cover slipping and stain artifacts to help insure accurate diagnosis.
* Bachelors degree in science
* 5+ years of experience in QIHC
* NY State license – Laboratory Technologist
* Knowledge of IHC – Special Stains
* Knowledge of screening/QC IHC stains
* HT/HTL ASCP certification
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.