K.A. Recruiting, Norwalk Connecticut
Full-time Radiology Technologist needed at a top hospital serving the Fairfield County region!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The technologist provides a variety of diagnostic procedures in specific modality (invasive and non-invasive). Operates equipment, digital imaging software (PACS), prepares patient room, equipment, supplies and medications. Performs a wide variety of procedures; ensuring compliance with organizational and regulatory protocols and standards.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates multiple imaging systems with efficiency.
- Identifies each patient using the hospital patient identification policy, establish accurate patient identification prior to the delivery of patient services.
- Efficiently and effectively provides procedural support for a variety of patient procedures.
- Coordinates radiographic imaging to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care and assists with the management of the workflow of the department to ensure the completion of work assignments in the absence of the radiology supervisor.
- Applies appropriate measures in order to minimize radiation exposure to self, patients, employees and others. Utilizes and abides by the Image Wisely & Image Gently website.
- Responsible for achieving quality assurance measures and requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory.
- Successfully participates in continuing education, meetings, and training.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Serves, manages and supports internal and external customers.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities.
- Participates in instruction of students and in-service education for staff members.
* Completion of a formal radiography or equivalent training program as specified by The American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
* Flexibility to work overtime as needed as well as on-call duty when applicable.
* Displays a good understanding of age-related developmental issues of pediatrics and geriatrics.
* Certification by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists and licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Health.
* Knowledge of radiographic examinations as well as procedures that require contract agents.
* Knowledge of radiographic equipment operations and radiation safety.
* Knowledge of patient transfer and positioning techniques.
* Open, accurate, and responsive communication, oral or written, on an individual basis or in groups.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines.
* Demonstration of ethical and professional conduct.
Offering competitive compensation and benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.