Supports Customer issues, including project engineering and help desk activities. Engineers are required to rotate between Help Desk and System Integration Engineering activities for a 90-day period during the first year of employment. Travel to customer sites may be required during the training period as well as part of the employee' s regular job duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds new control systems and delivers work for projects
- stages and connects servers, workstations, and networking equipment
- loads operating systems and custom software modules,
- integrates various components into final system
- tests integrated system pre-deployment
- configures system at customer site and provides remote support for newly installed system
- Documents system configuration pre-and post-deployment. Responsible for ensuring system documentation is up-to-date, based on system upgrades and changes
- Provides post-integration support to internal and external customers. Troubleshoots customer system issues, updates systems and programs, and answers Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Help Desk inquiries
- Bachelor' s degree from a four-year college or university in electrical engineering, power engineering or computer information technology1
- Two years; experience in electric utility computer technical support or 1 year work experience in applied technology in an industrial or electric utility application.
- Knowledge in Linux, Windows and Windows Server, VMware, Networks, Shell scripting'
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues, correct system failures, and document changes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel overnight to customer locations throughout the United States