Director, Human Resources
Corporate & Technical Recruiters, Inc., ST Paul MN
The HR Director is responsible for participating in the development of Human Resources objectives,
philosophy, and strategic planning in relation to programs and initiatives that align with Company and Division business objectives. The HR Director is an experienced HR professional, who has broad experience in various areas of HR expertise. This leader builds valuable relationships with internal clients and develops programs and strategies that assist in meeting business objectives. The HR Director also provides leadership and direction for a HR Business Partner and includes support of multiple functional areas – Sales & Marketing (Residential), Business Services (B2B), Finance, and External Affairs. This position is based in St. Paul, MN.
- Proactively supports the development and execution of Human Resources strategies and processes
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in people management
- Manages complex and difficult Human Resources projects cross-functionally
- Reviews the organizational structure of the internal client and proposes changes
- Acts as the member of the Human Resources Leadership Team
- Provides support and development of Human Resources team members
- Develops and executes Human Resources strategies for business groups that includes workforce planning, pay-for performance, employee engagement, talent management, talent acquisition, and succession.
- Partners with senior management and business leaders to develop strategic HR goals, policies, and programs that align with business initiatives.
- Counsels management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance problems.
- Provides support, direction, and coaching for training and development programs.
- Oversees government, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or complaints in various areas.
- Maintains an efficient recruitment/interviewing function to ensure adequate staffing at all levels.
- Leads HR Business Partner, including direct supervision, training, development, performance management, and engagement.
- Operates HRIS system(s) to maintain appropriate data integrity.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree or Equivalent.
- 10+ years progressive experience in Human Resources management including experience managing
- Ability to function as an internal coach to management peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues encouraging excellent management practices anticipating internal organization issues proposing solutions and understanding/representing the employee perspective.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead by example in terms of creating an exciting environment for employees and the company to ensure collective success.
- Ability to serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior executives with a solid track record of achievement in the human resources management function.
- Demonstrated ability in leveraging key performance indicators to drive organizational success
- Demonstrated strategic planning and business acumen.
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing human resource activities across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and leveraging HR metrics to guide HR effectiveness.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated change management, project management and implementation skills.
- Exceptional verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Must be a team player.