R&D Lab / Senior Food Beverage Manager
strategic HR inc., Columbus GA
Job Opportunity: R&D Lab / Senior Food Beverage Manager – Columbus, Georgia
Do you have a passion for the food and beverage industry? Do you enjoy proactive product development? Are you a natural team leader with a knack for getting things done? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high-quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The R&D Lab / Senior Food Beverage Manager will be responsible for the development of new products and / or improvement of existing products to meet strategic business objectives and provide customer support. This position requires having knowledge of application of flavors to customer-provided or internally-developed bases; this will require tasting and establishment of suitable use rates for flavors. This position will require an advanced knowledge of food systems to facilitate independent development of bases for application when customer base is not available.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to explain and account for all formulations developed.
- Understanding of use rates and applications for preservatives, acidulants, stabilizers and colors as well as ability to make suitable solutions of these ingredients.
- Knowledge of pilot plant equipment to include, but not limited to: homogenizer, UHT and retort are also desirable in this role.
- The ability to do simple unit conversions as well as unitize products will be necessary.
- Ability to work with the customers in either a face-to-face or telephone capacity.
- Ability to converse and present samples to the customer in a clear and well-thought-out manner are also required.
- Stay apprised of new flavor technologies which may become available through suppliers.
- Accurately follow processes and procedures as they relate to production, safety, customer specifications, etc.
Skills, Abilities and Requirement’ s:
- Must have 5 years of experience in manufacturing food and beverage industry.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Food Science/Science/Science Technology or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical track record in flavor application
- exceptional organizational skills and the ability to explain and account for all formulations developed
- Ability to multi-task various project initiatives and work stages
- Technical/ professional knowledge and skills
- Written and oral communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company.
Come join us! Apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.