strategic HR inc., Mason OH
Career Opportunity: DevOps Engineer with Apex Supply Chain Technologies in Cincinnati, OH
Do you thrive on systems management? Do you excel at improving continuous integration processes? Do you want to be a leader in the Internet of Things (IoT)? See what this opportunity has to offer.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies operate by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions through automated point-of-use dispensing and supply chain technologies. They are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. We have need for a Senior Application Support Engineer to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH.
The DevOps Engineer will design, install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, maintain, secure and tune the production, development, test and other Trajectory Cloud application environments. This role also automates the configuration, deployment and scaling of applications and infrastructure. To achieve success, the DevOps Engineer will work closely with application development, infrastructure, and production support teams to improve process efficiency and drive towards a continuous integration model for Apex’ s suite of enterprise applications.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Working with application support team to upgrade, tune, test, secure and ensure high availability of applications and middleware in Apex’ s 24x7 SaaS environments.
- Designing and implementing automated, robust, scalable and easily supported SaaS application deployment and support processes.
- Working with application development teams in efforts such as software deployments, maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue escalations.
- Assisting in designing, implementing, and periodically testing high availability and recovery procedures in conjunction with other IT staff.
- Maintaining the health of all application environments by identifying and applying patches and hotfixes for security, stability and performance.
- Working with the team’ s SLA / SLO metrics and configuring monitoring, logging, and response plans to achieve those numbers.
- Maintaining current working knowledge of SaaS, IaaS and PaaS technologies.
The ideal candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ total years administering Java application servers in a SaaS production environment running JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic or Tomcat with at least 2 years in a senior or lead role.
- Application development experience in an Agile environment.
- Strong aptitude with server and application troubleshooting and the ability to drive to root cause on a wide variety of issues.
- Firm grasp of message queuing, pub/sub and broker-based technologies such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- High degree of comfort with the Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of high availability application architectures.
- Experience utilizing enterprise grade appliances such as F5 Big-IP or Citrix NetScaler for application delivery.
Other desirable skills that we are seeking include:
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with reverse proxy configurations using Nginx, Caddy, etc.
- Experience with Git (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, VSTS, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and integration into build pipelines.
- Node.js experience.
- SSO integration or application IAM implementation experience.
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.