Career Strategies Inc. seeks am Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist with experience assisting Low Income Housing applicants for a Jacksonville apartment community.
Rate of Pay is $14-17 (Depending on Experience)
Compliance Specialists are responsible for monitoring, implementing, coordinating and conducting compliance audits for each property to ensure that resident files are in compliance with Tax Credit, HUD, Fair Housing, CRA, RHCP, MHP, CalHFA, MHSA, BOND, local and other regulatory guidelines.
About the Position:
- Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
- LIHTC processing
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and provide information to prospective residents
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
- Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
- Maintain and audit HUD files
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements
- Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates
- Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines
- Train colleagues to ensure program compliance
This is not a comprehensive list of the duties assigned to this role.