Career Strategies, Inc., Hampton VA
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Maintenance and HVAC professionals to provide exceptional service at residential communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
- HVAC Maintenance
- Replace filters, cleans air conditioning vents on an as-needed basis
- Perform repairs to make-ready units in a timely manner
- Assist with inventory control
- Know the location of gas and water meter emergency cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs
- Report incidents or accidents occurring on the site
- Assist with trashing out units
- Inspect property for improvements and repairs
- Perform work order requests
- Assist with maintenance requests
- Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times
- Operate and perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment
- Paint interior and exterior of units and complex
- Keep the Maintenance shop clean and in order at all times.
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.