Tax Credit Re-certification Specialist
Career Strategies, Inc., Sacramento CA
CSI seeks professionals with affordable housing expertise for leasing roles at residential communities. Applicants must have experience with low income housing, Section 42 tax credit and housing standards, HUD Section 8 program compliance, federal and state fair housing laws, and multi-family communities.
Leasing Consultants guide visitors and future residents through the application and move-in process. Activities may include leading property tours, assisting with application paperwork, managing the applicant approval process and offering specialized knowledge about housing resources.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
- Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
- Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
- Maintain and audit HUD files
- Respond to inquiries and requests for leasing information, appointments, maintenance requests and resident complaints.
- Prepare move-in packages and lease paperwork
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Establish and maintain rapport with residents and act as a liaison between the residents and the staff
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Plan and implement social events for residents on a regular basis
- Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates.
- Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines.
- Train colleagues to ensure program compliance.
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs