Our client is looking for a Data Migration Specialist.
Location : Montreal
Travel: Up to 30%
JOB SUMMARY :
As part of Master Data Management team this position is a key contributor to enable the organization to leverage data as an enterprise asset.
This position oversees the execution of data migration activities for specific data domain. Activities include gathering functional requirements, producing technical specification, and firming up test and deployment plans.
The Specialist is responsible for leading other technical analyst in building extracts, transforming and construction of master data, and creating load processes or programs.
These migration activities require working across multiple business areas to understand data usage and implications on business modules and third-party systems.
- Responsible for managing data migration and governance lifecycle activities for data objects while supporting MDM operation activities;
- Maintains ownership of the specifications and relevant documentations related to extraction, enrichment, transformation, and data loads;
- Work closely with functional process leads and key users in defining specifications, developing transformation tools and resolving errors.
- Responsible for data domain build, conversion and error corrections processes during the ETL load processes.
- The Analyst oversees extract, data review, mapping, cleansing and construction activities, insuring uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness;
- Ensuring that there are good test scripts, test sign-offs, and black-out plans;
- Perform business and technical interviews leading to both business and technical decisions;
- Responsible for documents coming from these interviews;
- Ensuring that all data migration and conversion follows change control and project planning best practices;
- Responsible for status reporting to IT, MDM, and business teams;
- Responsible to act as bridge and support between designers and technical teams;
- Serve as level three support for the MDM and business operation teams. (Travel up to 30 percent).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience;
- Certifications are plus ; PMP, OCP, ICCP, SQL, IBM Information Management Cert, SAP Cert.;
- Bilingual (Spanish, French, and English) preferred;
- Five plus year experience with data transformation or System integration;
- Advanced knowledge of data exchange, validation, and loading techniques using tools such as data exchange, iDocs, and EDI;
- Five plus years experienced as analysis, profiling, cleansing, and load reconciliation, which include conversions and heavy system integration;
- Experience with data modeling, replication, web-services, and custom models considered a plus;
- Experience operating in a complex, fast-paced, and knowledge sharing environment with interdependencies spanning multiple work-streams, teams, business divisions, geographies, time zones, & languages;
- Advanced knowledge of business applications with a solid understanding of master data domains and their impact on other modules, business processes, and system configuration;
- Migration tool experience: Data Services (BODS), LSMW, BAPIs, database connectors, FTP, SQL, programming languages, and MS office products;
- Experience with multiple ERP and other system implementations with strong integration and general information sharing;
- Experience with functional requirement gathering and documentation oriented towards implementing new systems and onboarding from other legacy systems;
- Advanced experience with MS Office; Visio, and MS Project; Experience using VBA is a plus;
- Experience using multiple database models such as DB2, MS Access, SQL, and Oracle. Knowledge of SAP data model a strong plus;
- Experience using FTP, EDI, Trusted Link, and connecting to AS2 servers is a plus;
- Experience processing information into or from multiple formats such as ASCII, excel, comma delimited, or other flat file;
- Experience with MDM tools a plus (SAP MDG, IBM Infosphere) is a plus.
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.