Water Resources Project Engineer
Tegrastaff, Walnut Creek California
Our client is a state-certified Walnut Creek, CA based professional services consulting firm specializing in water resource, environmental, and regulatory planning. Their clients range in location within the SF Bay Area, Monterey Bay, and throughout Southern California.
They are seeking an experienced Water Resources Project Engineer to join their team. This key team member will be responsible for planning analysis, document preparation, project and task management, and will be involved in planning studies. Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Development of results for client specified issues including water supply/demand analysis, sustainable water supply development, recycled water, water conservation, construction, and municipal storm water.
- Assist in the development and preparation of water demand and flow projections, planning programs, alternative analysis, feasibility studies, and budgets for municipal and private clients.
- Development of conceptual and planning level infrastructure design, analysis, calculations, cost estimates, and reporting.
- Supporting analysis of environmental effects (CEQA, CEQA+, NEPA) and regulatory compliance.
To qualify for this position, you will need to have:
- B.S. degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering; M.S. preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- 7-10 years of experience in water resources planning and design with an emphasis on water related and environmental projects
- Strong knowledge of water resource issues including potable water, wastewater, recycled water, storm water, and water conservation, environmental protection and planning, and all regulatory agency requirements
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of MS Excel including ability to utilize graph, chart, and data analysis functions
- Proven ability to develop and present report findings
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and flexibility to manage competing projects and deadline seamlessly
- Collaborative problem solver with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 10% travel required