Vice President of Accounting & Finance
HireBetter, Austin TX
The Role: Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is an exceptional real estate development and investment company.
As an integral part of the company’ s executive team, the Vice President of Accounting & Finance is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the organization’ s accounting and finance practices. The Vice President of Accounting & Finance will be a business partner and adviser to investors and other members of the executive team. In addition, the successful candidate will have the willingness and ability to direct the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance and property management organizations in a hands-on manner and with a collaborative, transparent, inspiring and results driven management style.
- Integrate effectively with the executive leadership team and other stakeholders to understand objectives for the business
- Provide leadership for the organization’ s accounting, financial reporting/planning, property management and asset management functions with the ability to delegate, inspire and be “ hands on” in key areas
- Design and implement the processes and related monitoring/reporting systems necessary to provide timely, accurate, targeted financial information and KPI’ s accompanied by the appropriate level of in-depth analysis and interpretation necessary to add value to leadership, senior staff, and investors in making sound business decisions
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and present monthly financial packages to the company’ s executive leadership team
- Ensure consistent and accurate investor reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide leadership in the development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization and provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Manage and report on cash management/treasury activities including cash positions and cash flow
- Develop, implement and maintain effective and efficient system of internal controls including making provisions for appropriate computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance
- Provide leadership in maintaining the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures including performing research on accounting issues and presenting and implementing recommendations that will facilitate efficiency and effective compliance
- Provide leadership in hiring, developing, training and motivating the accounting and finance team including providing training and direction on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Build and manage a high-performing team that can effectively execute plans in support of the company’ s growth
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of senior management or executive leadership experience in the real estate industry required
- Experience in rapid growth environments
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to communicate successfully with all levels
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.