Regal Executive Search, Irvine CA
Our client is a highly regarded regional CPA firm providing audit, tax, and advisory services to a variety of business enterprises.
They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced audit senior professional to be part of a growing team.
The Audit Senior is involved in audit engagements, with particular focus on complex phases, including planning and wrap-up. In this role, the Audit Senior regularly resolves technical issues, analyzes challenging areas of the audit, and is responsible for supervising and training staff in certain areas of the audit. The Audit Senior will also interact with members of the team at all levels, as well as client personnel, to communicate issues encountered throughout the audit and find solutions.
- Understand audit methodology and objectives, and effectively explain technical issues to staff.
- Prepare concise and accurate work papers, which properly communicate the unique issues of the area being tested.
- Build effective working relationships with client personnel and coordinate audit requests, so as to meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Maintain contact with the client throughout the year and develop a thorough understanding of all facets of the client’ s business.
- Create a team environment and proactively demonstrate what it means to be a team player to other staff.
- Provide a sense of direction and purpose for staff members, while earning the trust of coworkers and client representatives.
- Communicate the status of projects regularly and identify areas for audit efficiencies, utilizing available technology tools or new testing methods.
- Prepare and actively participate in firm sponsored and outside training, while keeping current on business and technical issues.
- Participate in community and professional organizations and maintain college peer network.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or Master’ s with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA license holder or eligible to sit for the exam and actively pursuing
- Two or more years of relevant experience in public accounting with experience in complex audit issues
- Audit experience with oil & gas is preferred, but not required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Straight time paid for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week
- Available CPA bonus and reimbursement for CPA fees
- Extensive options for internal and external training
- Generous paid time off
- Attractive health, dental, and eye insurance coverage
- A fun culture of teamwork with frequent and effective communication
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.